Voluntary resignation stands for an employment termination that is voluntarily asked by the employee which is not because of disability, illness, death, or retirement. As a result, not only the involuntary resignation, the voluntary resignation also requires an employee to prepare a voluntary resignation letter from the employer. To get to know more about the letter, ensure you read the following paragraphs thoroughly.
How to write a voluntary resignation letter from an employer?
To guide you write a proper and formal voluntary resignation letter from your employer, you may check out the step-by-step below.
- Show gratitude in the letter
To open the letter, you may directly inform the objective of writing the voluntary resignation letter. Then, while delivering your job termination request, you may need to show gratitude in the letter to the company. Maintain the words to be as nice and polite as possible and deliver only sincere gratitude without mentioning any harsh critics or judgment.
- Tell me the reason for leaving
To continue, make sure to briefly explain the reason for leaving. There are several possible reasons to leave my current job. While writing a volunteer resignation letter from your employer, ensure you are ready with logical and acceptable reasons for leaving your current job. No need to explain the whole reason, make it short and brief yet clear enough to read.
- Describe your plan
The plan here means what you are going to do after you resign from the company. If you leave due to a career change, you may need to inform them about your new company and job title. Thus, to keep in touch with the current company would show nice and professionalism in working.
- Offer help for the transition of the resignation
Due to the resignation, there must be several things to consider by the company. Therefore, it is highly recommended if you also offer your help to any of the matters related to the transition of the resignation.
- Sum up the letter nicely
End the letter with nice closing and keep it polite and respectful.
Tips to create a formal and proper voluntary resignation letter from employer
Now, it is time for you to follow some helpful tips below to write a proper and formal letter.
- To show professionalism, you need to be able to use formal lettering format and language.
- As mentioned before, no need to use wordy language. Instead, keep it short and direct yet still nice and polite.
- To maintain a positive and nice letter, ensure to not include any criticisms and harsh words in the voluntary resignation letter.
- Review the letter to prevent any mistakes and errors before submitting.
- Keep the letter to sound positive until the end. Show your respect and gratitude as well as sincere resignation until the end of the letter.
The sample template of voluntary resignation letter
- Formal opening salutation
- The first paragraph covers the objective of the letter, the date of resignation, the reason for leaving, the gratitude expressions to the company.
- The second paragraph is about the plan, help for the resignation transition, and your contact information.
- The third paragraph is, to sum up, the letter and additional positive words to the company.
- Closing salutation, name, and signature.
- What does the RN resignation letter mean?
- Why should you create a resignation letter due to a schedule conflict?
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- What is a Voluntary Termination Letter
- What is a retirement letter to a boss?
- Resignation Letter Due to Family Reason and its Sample
- Appreciative Resignation Letter
- Resignation Letter from Fulltime to PRN
- What are the functions of acceptance of a resignation letter?
- Resignation Due to Personal Reasons and Sample
- The apology letter to boss for misconduct
- What is effective today’s resignation letter?
- Why do you need to write a resignation letter from full-time to part time?
- 10+ Sample Two Week Notice Letter
- What is the Effective Date Resignation Letter?
- Retail Resignation Letter
- Why should you create a resignation letter for transfer?
- Thank You Resignation Letter to Boss
- Resignation Letter Due to Health and Its Sample
- What is a resignation letter due to relocation?
- Resignation Letter to Client and Its Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
- What is a maternity leave letter to parents?