Sometimes a person will find that the work that is done every day fails to meet personal or professional expectations. One way to end an unsatisfactory employment relationship is to write a termination letter to the employer.
Tips to write a Termination Letter to Employer
- Tell the boss about the date of termination of employment
- State the reasons for the termination
- Describe compensation and benefits for the future
- Notify the manager of the property being loaned that must be returned
- Remind leadership about the signed agreement
- Include your contact information as well
Sample of Termination Letter to Employer
This example of a termination letter to an employer was written by a man who felt his skills were underutilized. He mentioned a written promotional promise once he got his marketing degree. The employee admits that he already enjoys working for the company, but feels it is in his best interest to pursue other opportunities where he can make the best use of his talents and skills
Example of a Termination Letter to Employer
Dear Mr. Hendrik,
This letter is to inform you that I will be terminating employment at your company, starting from May 1, 2020. I made this decision with no ease. Over the past half month, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about phrases to make during my employee appraisal review. Although I enjoy working at XYZ, I feel it is in my best interest to pursue a position in a company that will allow me to use my skills and expertise.
I admit that I received good ratings for employee ratings. I have received excellent ratings for every employee appraisal and have since started working for your company 5 years ago. I love it when you hire me as an employee to a marketing manager. At that time, you encouraged me to pursue a bachelor’s degree in marketing. It is my understanding that upon earning this degree, I will be considered and promoted to a company.
As you know, I received my degree in December 2017. At that time, I have applied for 4 open positions in a marketing company. While company policy states that managers should promote whenever possible, any vacancies will be filled by outside candidates. For each case, I am more qualified for the position. Also, I was required to believe that I was the candidate of choice for the hiring manager and the cross-functional selection committee.
In the interview, you stated that I am indispensable to Mr. Alex. I have enjoyed working for Mr. Alex over the years. However, I obtained a degree in marketing to advance my career. I believe you are satisfied with my performance and see no reason for me to vacate the position. I appreciate your approval but I am not satisfied with using only my skills and abilities. I believe I have a lot more to offer than organizational capabilities. I hope you can understand why I feel the need to pursue other professional opportunities.
- What is a Voluntary Termination Letter
- Termination to Employer and the Letter Sample
- Create an At Will Termination Letter to Terminate an Employee
- 10+ Employment Verification Letter Sample
- What Is Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance
- It’s time to use a termination letter for cause for firm action
- Job Abandonment Termination and The Sample
- What does a termination letter due to lack of work mean?
- Termination Letter for Insubordination and The Sample
- Use Termination Letter without Cause for Your Company’s “At Will” Policy
- What is a Retirement Letter to Employer
- What Is A Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance
- Wrongful Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation from Full Time to Part-time Letter and The Sample
- Why do you need to write a resignation letter from full-time to part time?
- What is a Benefit Termination Letter
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- Creating A Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work for Unforeseen Situations
- Independent Contractor Termination
- What is a Termination Letter for Theft
- Warn Policy Violators with No Call No Show Termination Letter
- Printable Employee Write up Form
- 10+ Sample Two Week Notice Letter
- Use Termination Letter for Insubordination for Intolerable Violations