An employee who fails to meet productivity expectations is bad for company profits. No matter how careful and detailed the employee selection process is, sometimes, an employee who has no desire to work can slip through the recruiting gap. A termination letter, along with an exit interview, is a great way to end an unproductive relationship.
Format and Contents for Termination Letter due to Poor Performance
Draft your termination letter with extreme caution. Name only examples that you can support with documented evidence. Charges that number no more than suspicion must be completely abandoned. Use straightforward language and words that leave no room for doubt about the purpose of the letter or justification for a termination decision. The letter should include the date of termination and information about how the employee will receive his / her final salary, including any other information relevant to your company and the specific employee.
Sample for Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance
This sample termination letter is written for an employee who failed to meet one of the performance goals he agreed to while hired. He is reminded of the actions the company took to help him improve his performance for over 6 months. The Executive Director prevents an employee from filing a false termination suit by reminding him that he signed all performance expectations, and warning letters on file.
How to write a Termination Letter for Poor Performance and Examples
This letter is to inform you that, starting today January 31, 2020. You have been terminated from Moon Marketing Services. Your dismissal was due to half a year of poor performance. The specifics that led to this decision were.
When working, managers share company performance expectations with you. These expectations are presented to you again during your orientation, during which time, you sign a confirmation that you read and understand these expectations.
While working with Moon Marketing Services, you failed to meet every performance measure. After 1 month of work, you are offered additional training which you refuse. In the 2 months you worked at this company, your performance was less than 50 percent of your colleagues in the same position and the same department.
To prevent this last step, your manager develops a performance improvement plan that includes your input and is approved by you in writing. During the term of this plan, your performance deteriorates further and is documented by three letters of warning. You are notified and sign every letter. During your work with our company, we have received many customer complaints about your handling of their accounts, including missed promises, failure to keep promises and wrong bills.
You will be paid for any unused vacations or sick days you experience. This payment, if any, will be included with your final salary. You can choose to have these salaries sent to your home address or you can call me at (111) -111-1111 to arrange for check collection at our security desk.
We attach information regarding your eligibility under the company, for further protection by group health insurance. Make sure we keep your current address so we can send your form.
Tony Boyke, Executive Director
Moon Marketing Services
- What Is A Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance
- What does a termination letter due to lack of work mean?
- What is meant by Resignation as a Substitute for a Termination Letter?
- What is a Voluntary Termination Letter
- What is a Termination Letter to Employer
- What is a Termination Letter for Theft
- It’s time to use a termination letter for cause for firm action
- Use Termination Letter without Cause for Your Company’s “At Will” Policy
- Use Termination Letter for Insubordination for Intolerable Violations
- Termination Letter for Insubordination and The Sample
- Sample Termination Agreement Template
- Create an At Will Termination Letter to Terminate an Employee
- Creating A Termination Letter Due to Lack of Work for Unforeseen Situations
- What is a Benefit Termination Letter
- Warn Policy Violators with No Call No Show Termination Letter
- Termination to Employer and the Letter Sample
- Business Contract Termination Sample
- What is a commercial lease termination letter to the landlord for?
- Counter Offer Job Letter and Sample
- Job Abandonment Termination and The Sample
- Create an Attorney Client Termination Letter for Your Client
- Use Our Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant for Facilitate Termination of Contract
- Things you should know about the last chance agreement letter
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee