Streamlining the company’s operations is the best way to reduce unexpected costs due to economic slowdown or business downturn. Lower prices are expected to save business operations to continue to survive under existing pressures. Of course, this would reduce the number of existing employees and eliminate some departments that were deemed unnecessary under current conditions. When that happens, using a termination letter due to lack of work is the best solution to give some decision on termination of the employment contract.
What does laid off due to lack of work mean?
The company will continue to maintain operational business performance to continue to run following existing targets and objectives. When a company is faced with a situation where the company cannot give back the job to the employee, the condition is often called the “lack of work,” Of course, the company will fire the employee due to the absence of a given job.
How do you terminate an employee due to lack of work?
For companies, firing employees due to certain conditions is a justifiable prerogative. Using a termination letter due to lack of work is the best way to inform employees that the employee stops working at the company. Make sure an award and severance money is prepared for some employees who have been dismissed.
Below is a sample termination letter due to lack of work that you can modify and use as needed.
221 Harvard Avenue
Dear Mr. Robinson
Through this letter, regretfully and through some complex considerations, we as the company’s management must inform you that effective January 1, 2021, your position at ABC’s director of research and design management. Corp. will be stopped. Surely you have realized that our company has experienced a significant decrease in customers and cooperation in the last two years. We have sought to slash all current expenses and costs, even some departments, at once to sustain businesses under the ongoing economic recession. With that in consideration, we will reduce the workforce in some sectors.
Following our original plan, we will reduce some of the workforces from 540 employees to 320 employees over the next three months. We understand that the performance, loyalty, and achievements you give to the company are the best thing ever. But this economic recession made a tough decision, and inevitably we had to take this tough decision.
Your company’s achievements do not necessarily make us only give severance and a few parcels only. A letter of recommendation from the company’s management will be made to provide smoothness while finding a new and better company. We want to give the best way for employees who are dedicated to our company.
Mrs. Emily A. John
That’s a brief explanation of making a termination letter due to lack of work very efficiently. Modify the example above according to your needs and situation!
- What does a termination letter due to lack of work mean?
- It’s time to use a termination letter for cause for firm action
- Warn Policy Violators with No Call No Show Termination Letter
- Use Our Notice of Lease Termination Letter from Landlord to Tenant for Facilitate Termination of Contract
- Termination Letter for Insubordination and The Sample
- Things you should know about the last chance agreement letter
- Use Termination Letter without Cause for Your Company’s “At Will” Policy
- What is meant by Resignation as a Substitute for a Termination Letter?
- Respectful Resignation with Sending a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal Description:
- Termination to Employer and the Letter Sample
- Create an At Will Termination Letter to Terminate an Employee
- What is a Benefit Termination Letter
- What is a Voluntary Termination Letter
- Use Termination Letter for Insubordination for Intolerable Violations
- Sample Termination Agreement Template
- Internship Letter of Recommendation to Support Job Application Process
- What is a Termination Letter for Theft
- 10+ Termination Letter Sample
- What Is Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance
- Use a Sincere Resignation Letter to Resign From Your Job Respectfully
- What Is A Termination Letter Due To Poor Performance
- Explain Your Logical Reason for Using the Academic Suspension Appeal Letter
- What is a Termination Letter to Employer
- Create an Attorney Client Termination Letter for Your Client