SWOT Analysis Templates
SWOT, short for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats, is a term that is often used by the marketing and marketing department to identify products that they will launch to the public. This term appears when a strategic planning meeting to identify four things, namely: what products are being sold in the market, what can be improved from these products, and how these products can be competitive in the market. This SWOT analysis can also be applied at the company level. The SWOT analysis strategy has been around since the 1960s. Although it is not clear who the main originator, the SWOT analysis is considered still relevant until now.
What SHOULD be in a SWOT Analysis Template
Because SWOT analysis consists of four elements, of course a good template must accommodate all four. The following is a brief explanation of the four elements in the SWOT analysis:
Strengths are interpreted here as an internal assessment of the product that gives advantages when compared with competitors’ products. Strengths can be in the form of features offered by the product or business characteristics.
Opportunities are all things that come from outside the product that can become “weapons” of product expansion in the future.
The SWOT analysis also highlights the weaknesses of the product so that it can be improved in the future.
Threats usually come from outside, aka external factors that influence the success of the product. These external factors can range from economic factors to technological factors. Obstacles that can affect product success can be classified in threats.
Look for SWOT Analysis Templates that accommodate all four elements
- Use the 2×2 grid system design template so you can easily compare all four elements together.
- Use a vertical template (vertical list) because it can provide clear boundaries between segments for easy visual disctinction. Templates like this are effective for graphic illustrations in performance reports.
- Use a horizontal table for SWOT presentations. Because of the nature of landscape presentation slides, vertical-based templates are not very suitable.
We have a collection of SWOT Analysis Templates that have the following key points:
- Product or Service Launches
- Clear Strategy Building
- Significant Business Growth
- Comprehensive Marketing Design
- Continuous Team Evaluation
- Personal Growth
What SHOULD NOT be in a SWOT Analysis Template
1. Not writing SWOT analysis in an even number
Make sure that all elements are equal. Strengths must be the same amount as weaknesses. So it is with opportunites that must be commensurate with threats. For example, if you find 10 strengths, also find 10 weaknesses. For each opportunity, find one threat / obstacle. So, use a template that can accommodate balanced tables.
2. Not having clear goals
You must determine the goals of each of your SWOT analyzes first. Do not let the contents of your analysis mean nothing or just nonsense. There must be clear set goals so that your analysis is useful for developing new business or scaling revenue.
3. Not thoroughly enough
When analyzing, make sure you have done your homework by analyzing it thoroughly. Therefore, forget SWOT analysis templates which are only bullet points.
4. Templates are hard to read for ordinary people
Complicated templates will make ordinary people, in this case maybe shareholders or clients, confused. Use 2×2 grid templates if the presentation will be attended by lay people and horizontal SWOT analysis template if the presentation will be attended by employees and above you.
5. The color is monotonous
Use colors and color accents to help you capture the attention of the audience. Therefore, monotonous template colors should not be considered anymore.
- Free SWOT Analysis Sample Template
- Sample SWOT Analysis Template
- College SWOT Analysis Sample
- SWOT Analysis Sample Templates
- TOWS Analysis Sample Templates
- Personal SWOT Analysis Sample
- Situation Analysis Template Sample
- Sample Blank SWOT Analysis Template
- Sample Personal SWOT Analysis
- Sample Organizational Analysis
- Sample Social Media Competitive Analysis
- Sample Professional SWOT Analysis
- Sample SWOT Analysis PowerPoint
- Sample Employee SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Sample Template
- Sample Marketing SWOT Analysis
- Healthcare Swot Analysis Sample
- Sample Business Plan SWOT Analysis
- Sample Target Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Chart Sample Template
- HR SWOT Analysis Sample
- Hotel SWOT Analysis Sample Template
- Competitor Swot Analys Sample
- Swot Analysis PowerPoint Sample Template