What is a seating chart?
A seating chart is a picture or diagram that illustrates the seating of people attending an event, for example a wedding, large meeting, or reunion. This seating chart is needed so that everyone who has claimed to be present at the event will get a seat. Because it is important, the seating chart arrangement must be carefully considered, even if necessary finalize it well in advance. We provide seating chart templates that you can use to arrange seating charts easily and quickly.
How to make seating chart arrangement
1. Choose a floor plan
Choose a venue that is suitable for your needs. Guess the total number of your guests, tables, stages, and others.
2. Layout your seating
Consult with experts to plan the seating for your events. They will be able to give you inputs according to their experience in dealing such matter.
3. Adjust tables to meet seating arrangement
Know the size and shapes of the tables before planning the seating arrangements.
4. Assign seats to people
Prioritize seatings for elderly people and families with children.
5. Care for special needs
Keep a separate table just for kids if necessary. Also, you should arrange special seating for VIP guests.
What SHOULD be in a seating chart template
1. Unique number and name
Every person who has a seat must be recorded and get a unique seat number. This is to facilitate the event organizing committee and the invitation of the event itself.
2. organized by rows, sections, and levels
Choose a template that allows you to organize seats based on rows, sections, and levels. Moreover, if the venue where large events are held such as a concert hall, theater, or field.
3. easily understood by event participants, performers, and backstage crew
A good seating chart must be easily understood by all parties involved in making the event a success, both the organizers, participants and attendees. Use escort card envelope templates that allow flexible seating charts. You can enter or add table numbers when the seating arrangement is final.
4. Use colors and labels to mark your seating chart
Adding labels will make it easier for people to read your seating chart. Color code will be very useful to make your seating chart more readable.
What SHOULD NOT be in a seating chart template
1. too rigid, cannot be customized for last-minute changes
A flexible seating chart will really help you when there are sudden changes ahead of the event alias last-minute changes. This will also help you when someone suddenly cancels their availability to attend a last-minute cancellation event.
2. not grouped alphabetically
A seating chart must be sorted in a certain order, for example alphabetical order. Or, sorted according to a large family. Anyway, there must be a simplifying order.
Here is an example template for seating charts that are available for free on our site:
- classroom seating chart template
- band room seating chart template
- weeding party seating chart template
- printable seating chart template
- downloadable seating chart template
- restaurant seating chart template
- editable seating chart template
- round table seating chart template
- blank seating chart template
- DIY seating chart template
- PDF seating chart template
- poster seating chart template
- Excel seating chart template
Seating Chart Ideas
Seating Chart Example
- Sample Seating Chart Template
- 10+ Wedding Seating Chart psd template free
- 5+ Organizational Chart psd template free
- Sample Unit Circle Chart
- 4+ Flow Chart example psd design
- Organization Chart and How You Use the Template to Present Your Business Hierarchy
- Organizational Chart Template Sample
- 10+ Research Poster free psd template
- Teeth Chart Sample
- 9+ Scientific Poster psd template free
- Printable Chore Chart Template
- 5+ Table of Contents example psd design
- Credit Score Chart Sample
- Raffle Ticket Template Sample
- 10+ Raffle Ticket example psd design
- Sample SWOT Analysis Template
- Flow Chart Template
- Non-Profit Organizational Chart
- Living Will Template for PDF and Doc
- Sample Financial Report Templates
- Sample Silent Auction Bid Sheet
- SWOT Analysis Chart Sample Template
- Daily Planner Template Printable
- How to Make Vehicle Inspection Checklist Template to Inspect the Best Vehicle of All