A professional and well-crafted letter should be written when a nurse resigns from a position. The letter will be kept on a permanent file and will be the last impression the employer has of you. It’s never a good idea to burn bridges. The health care profession is a moving profession and your former employer could be your future employer someday. For this reason, a polite resignation letter is the best choice for a resigning nurse.
Format and Content of the Nurse Resignation Letter
The nurse’s resignation letter format should include your name and position and the date you hope will be your last day of work. This should express your appreciation for the opportunity to be employed at the facility. You don’t have to explain why you resigned, but you can do it if you feel comfortable. Offering to help train the nurse who replaces you would be a great gesture.
- 10+ Fax Cover Letter Template Sample
- Autopsy Report Template
- 8+ Meal Planning free download psd
- 10+ Obituary Template Printable
Sample from the Nurse Resignation Letter
The sample of this nurse’s resignation letter came from a child nurse who worked in the emergency department of a children’s hospital. She had to do shift work in the hospital and it was difficult. She now has a job in a pediatrician’s office where she will work normal working hours.
How to Make a Nurse Resignation Letter
Dear Ms. Cloe:
With mixed feelings I resigned from my position as a registered nurse with the Emergency Department at XYZ Children’s Medical Center where I have enjoyed working for the past 6 years. My work with children at XYZ who face medical emergencies and other health challenges has been very rewarding. The only drawback is the fluctuating work schedule, and that’s why I landed a job in a private pediatrician practice.
I will work for Dr. William Cock in his office in the XYZ Medical Arts Building next door to the hospital. Dr. William wanted me to start working in his private practice the following first month. I can therefore give 14 days prior notice to the hospital. I would like to volunteer to remain on the hospital disaster relief personnel list to be called to the Emergency Department in the event of a disaster if that is acceptable.
Also, I would like to continue working at the quarterly health fairs that hospitals run around the city on certain weekends if you can use my services. I am very interested in the health fairs and free checks provided to our residents. I firmly believe in the benefits of preventive care and am honored to donate my time; energy and expertise to help XYZ Territory residents identify their health problems and seek treatment.
I want you to know how great it is to serve as the emergency staff nurse at XYZ Children’s Medical Center. I started working at XYZ after leaving nursing school and could not begin to express the value of the workplace education I received there. Thank you again for the privilege of working with young patients and medical staff at XYZ. I will miss everyone but also look forward to the next chapter in my life.
- What is a Nurse Recommendation Letter
- Why should you create a resignation letter due to a schedule conflict?
- What is an Employer Resignation Letter
- ICU Registered Nurse Resume Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Health and Its Sample
- Resignation Due to Personal Reasons and Sample
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- What Is A Nonprofit Board Resignation Letter
- Teachers Resignation Letter to Parents and The Sample
- Resignation With Regret and Its Sample
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- Family Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- What does the RN resignation letter mean?
- What Is A Doctor Recommendation Letter
- Constructive Discharge Resignation and the Letter Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and The Sample
- Resignation Letter due to Stress Letter
- Graduate Nurse Resume Sample
- Resignation Letter from Fulltime to PRN
- Response to Resignation Letter and the Sample
- Respectful Resignation with Sending a Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal Description:
- Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- What is the Resignation letter to whom it may concern