A maternity leave letter is needed for you as a worker who is pregnant and intends to prepare for your birth. You should send the letter to your employer some weeks before you will leave your job, so the employer will prepare to handle your work during your absence.
What is The Maternity Leave Letter?
A maternity leave letter is a document that informs your employer about your absence during your pregnancy to prepare for your birth. It is important to write it and send it some weeks before your departure.
What Should be Included in The Maternity Leave Letter?
Some main points that you should include in the maternity leave letter are:
- State the purpose or intention in writing the letter
- Mention the exact date of your departure and your returning
- Thank the employer for their consideration
- Include your contact information
What Are The Tips to Write The Maternity Leave Letter?
There are some tips that you can follow to make a good and formal maternity leave letter to your employer:
- Write it briefly and straight to the point
- Use formal words and write it formally
- State about your leaving and returning date clearly
- Offer some help regarding your transition
The Sample of Maternity Leave Letter
For you who need to write a maternity letter properly and in a formal way, here we provide an example that you can be used as your guidance.
This is the sample
Dear Mr. Johnson,
I am writing this letter to you due to my pregnancy and my intention to take 14 weeks of maternity leave available to me. My maternity leave will start on May 07, 2020, and I will return to the office on August 21, 2020, barring any unforeseen issues with my pregnancy and delivery. I will attempt to complete all my high-priority task between now and May 07 and put every effort to make up for my absence when I return in August.
If my plan changes for any reason, I will inform you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and consideration regarding this matter for allowing me to take some time off from work to prepare for my birth. The medical form with the doctor’s confirmation about my pregnancy is attached along with this required maternity leave. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you want to clarify and need further information regarding my maternity leave and also if you need to contact me during my absence at 888-5678-0101 or mail me at Jill.firstname.lastname@example.org.
That is all about the maternity leave letter that can be a guidance for you need it at this moment. This letter is very important to inform your employer about your leaving to prepare your birth, so the company can find the solution to maintain your work during your absence.
- Use Maternity Leave Letter to Employer to Apply for Your Maternity Leave
- What is maternity leave to parents?
- What is a maternity leave letter to parents?
- What is a sick leave letter?
- What does the RN resignation letter mean?
- Why should you create a resignation letter due to a schedule conflict?
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- What is a vacation leave letter?
- Why do you need to write a resignation letter from full-time to part time?
- What is a resignation letter due to relocation?
- Termination to Employer and the Letter Sample
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Principal and The Sample
- Resignation With Regret and Its Sample
- Resignation to a Job that You Just Started and the Letter Sample
- Medical Leave Letter from Doctor
- What is an Employer Resignation Letter
- What is a retirement letter to a boss?
- Absence Report Template
- Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
- Resignation Letter Due to Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances
- 10+ Sample Two Week Notice Letter
- What does voluntary resignation mean?
- What is effective today’s resignation letter?
- What is a commercial lease termination letter to the landlord for?