Lesson Plan Templates
School teachers and private teachers need to make lesson plans. The quality of the lesson plans that you make will reflect the efficiency of the classes you teach. A good lesson plan can generally help students learn the material provided easily and in a timely manner.
Need a template for lessons plans? We help you by providing the latest and updated lesson plans templates.
What SHOULD be on a lesson plan template
You don’t need to make long-winded lesson plans. You need to plan the lesson backwards. The following are the components that need to be included in the lesson plan templates:
1. Material needed for the study period
You need to gather your material to teach the particular lesson. The needed materials can range from student supplies to your own supplies. You can also have technological aid such as laptops, cameras, cellphones, and internet.
2. Clear objectives of what students must master after the learning process
Clearly communicate the objectives of the lesson plans to your students. Do this at the beginning of the lesson and make sure they understand what they mean. Place the objectives in your classroom if necessary. Regularly post the objectives, results, and deadlines in your classroom to ensure that the lesson ends in a timely manner.
3. Background knowledge about the material to be taught
Entice your class before lesson start with previous life experiences and/or prior learning.
4. Instructions that are concise, concise, clear, and direct so that it is easy for students to understand and practice
The direct instruction comprises most of the lesson plan contents. In this section, write down study material, examples, and questions from the material being taught.
5. The sheet contains practice questions to further strengthen student understanding
You need to apply 3-step process of practice to ensure that your students undestand the lesson and can apply the concept independently. The 3-step process are guided practice, collaborative practice, and independent practice.
6. Closure to close student learning sessions
Wrap up your lesson with quick synopsis. Ask your students to share their undestanding of the lesson.
7. Quick assessment to assess the extent to which students understand the material being taught
Quick assessment a.k.a. demonstration of learning evaluates your student, whether or not the students met the lessons objectives as communicated in the beginning of the study period. After your students completed the assessments, you can evaluate whether you need to reteach the materials or move on to next materials (next lesson plan).
These seven elements apply to all lesson plan templates, for all grades and all ages.
What SHOULD NOT be on a lesson plan template
1. Not accommodating all learning styles
All students are unique. There is no students that share the same learning style and behavior. As such, your lesson plans need to incorporate all learning styles. There are 5 learning styles e.g. visual learner, auditory learner, verbal learner, logical/mathematical learner, and physical/kinesthetic learner. Do not use lesson plan templates that are only accommodating one of few learning styles.
2. Dull in sparking motivation
Lesson plans which do not spark motivation aren’t the best. Students who are full of motivation always ready to learn something new. On the other hand, pick lesson plan templates which encourages creativity.
Lesson Plan Design Ideas
- Sample Physical Education Lesson Plan Template
- Sample Toddler Lesson Plan Template
- Lesson Note Printable
- Preschool Lesson Plan Template and Detail Information About It
- 10+ Class Schedule free psd template
- Printable Teacher Schedule Template
- English Teacher Resume Sample
- Cause and Effect Analysis Templates Sample
- Sample Education Invoice Templates
- School Schedule Templates Sample
- Sample Lesson Schedule
- Student Report Templates
- Music Resume Sample
- Art Teacher Resume Sample
- 7 Internship Student Report Templates
- Printable Monthly Student Report Template
- Full Stack Web Developer Resume Sample
- School Social Worker Resume template
- Printable After School Schedule Template
- Sample Personal SWOT Analysis
- Special Education Teacher Resume Sample
- School Report Template
- Primary School Report Template
- Business Impact Analysis Sample