Job Description Template and Things to Know Inside It
Do you know ever hear about the job description template? Well, the job description is a broad written statement as the essential part of hiring and managing the employees. In common, the job description includes some important matters, as purpose, scope, duties, responsibilities and others.
Seeing a brief explanation above, we may see that the job description is an important document. However, there are some matters about detail job description that inform the importance of it, as the job description:
- Helps attract the right job candidates
- Describe the detail skills and competencies required to perform the detail of roles
- Describe the critical areas of the position or job of employee
- Serves as a valuable performance of management tool
- Is used as the basis of the contract of employment
- Serves as the basic for the outlining job training, performance expectation, the advancement of career and the evaluation of job
- Defines the positioning of job within the overall hierarchy of company
Use of the Job Description
Another matter that you need to know about the detail of job description is the use of it. Yes, there are some uses of the job description that you need to know in order to increase your knowledge about it.
Well, talking about the use of the job description, the details of it are:
- Clear and concise communication of job requirement
The first of the use of job description is clearly and concisely communicating the requirement of job to the applicant. It is more important that the applicants understand the core requirement of the position in the process of hiring the competent employees.
- Communication of expectations
The job description is also a great tool for the communicating organizational expectation to the employees. Then, it also provides the employee about the direction to achieve successful the performance of job.
- Performance management
You may use the job description in order to set the measurable performance goals.
- Training and development of employee
Another use of the job description is to keep the high result of training and development of the employee. In this case, you as the employer is able to motivate your employees to pursue the seminars, classes and other career development.
The use of the job description is compensation. Here, the job description is able to develop the standardized compensation program that includes the minimum and the maximum for each position that occur in the office.
Guide in Making Job Description
To make the job description, there are some guides that you need to know. The guides, of course will be useful to help you in making it with easier ways. Well, some guides to apply in making this job description to apply are:
- Avoid using the equivocal or the complicated language. Try to use the clear and simple language
- Try to use non-preferential language
- Avoid describing the personal characteristics and try to describe only the position’s required skills, duties and knowledge
- Avoid understanding or overstating the responsibilities of position and duties instead to be accurate about the detail of it
- Describe the current state of the position
- Do not use the acronyms, abbreviations and the terms of technical
Well, that is all about the job description template. You may do some researches in order to find the sample of it.
- Employee Handbook Template
- 5+ Training Needs Analysis Sample
- Printable Employee Write up Form
- 7+ Sample Compensation Agreement Templates
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- 10+ Employee evaluation form
- 4+ Sample Training Gap Analysis Templates
- 4+ Sample Compensation Analysis Template
- 4+ Training Gap Analysis Sample
- 10+ Printable Severance Agreement Templates Sample
- 10+ Employee Evaluation Form Printable
- 10+ Performance Improvement Plan Template Sample
- 10+ Employee Training Schedule Template Sample
- 1+ Sample Skills Gap Analysis
- Sample Training Report Template
- Accident Report Template
- 5+ Job Analysis Template Sample
- 10+ Employee Self Evaluation for PDF and Doc
- Self Performance Review Example for PDF and Doc
- 3+ Sample 10 Hour Shift Schedule
- Standard Non Compete Agreement Template Sample
- Training Report Template
- Performance Report Template
- 10+ Work Agreement Sample Template