Expressing interest in a particular job is often the first step towards securing an interview and ultimately landing the position. An interest in a job letter is a simple, straightforward letter that tells potential employers that you are interested in the opportunity and want to learn more. It can be used for internal communication, pursuing a promotion or department shift, or external communication, finding a new job with a new company.
Format and Content of Interest in Job Letter
Much of this letter should focus on why you want this position. Getting the right interest in the format of the job letter depends on your activeness with the company as well as your knowledge of the company. If you know someone who will read your letter well, you can relax a little, although you should still maintain a professional edge. You should make sure to mention you’re relevant experiences at least briefly in the letter, as that will give your employer a reason to move over preparation and lead you to the interview. Lastly, you should enter your contact information so that your potential employer can contact you by interview or quote if needed.
Sample of Interest in Job Letter
This sample letter was written by an individual who currently works as an administrative assistant and who expressed interest in becoming an assistant manager. In this case, the person is familiar with the individual who will be interviewing him. Due to pre-existing relationships, interest in this job letter sample focuses mostly on the person’s desire for the position and role that the company has. The foreigner in the company needs to include more details of his past experiences to build his skills and experience.
How to Make an Interest in Job Letter
117 N Hill St Road
New Orleans, LA 70111
1 August 2020
High Fields Entertainment Service
Human Resources Office
121 Grand Drive
New Orleans, LA 90037
I am writing this out of interest in the open assistant-manager section of the Department of External Communications with High Fields Entertainment Services. I am currently an administrative assistant in the department and feel ready to jump to the next level.
I have served as an administrative assistant in the External Communications Department for five years. During this time, I have received excellent job evaluations every year. In 2019, I won the Employee of the Year award. In this new position, I will not only be able to continue my high quality of work but also train others to help improve our company.
I have attached my resume and references. I can be reached if I have questions by email or by phone at (111) 111-1111. Thank you for the opportunity and I also look forward to working for your agency.
- What is an Employer Resignation Letter
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- What is a Voluntary Termination Letter
- 10+ Cover Page Template Sample
- Administrative Assistant Recommendation and the Letter Sample
- Is it okay to decline an interview letter?
- Internship Letter of Interest
- What is an internship letter of interest?
- 10+ Fax Cover Letter Template Sample
- What is a Retirement Letter to Employer
- What Is a Letter of Apology for a Missing Interview
- 10+ Sample Job Acceptance Letter
- Still Interested in Job and The Sample
- What Is A One Week Notice Resignation Letter
- What is a Termination Letter to Employer
- Operations Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- 10+ Letter of Interest Sample
- What is a sick leave letter?
- How do you confirm an interview offer?
- 1+ Thank You Note after Phone Interview Sample
- Why should you create a resignation letter for transfer?
- School Application Letter and Its Sample
- What is the Resignation letter to whom it may concern
- Appeal Letter for Unemployment Disqualification