Free SWOT Analysis Template Sample
SWOT analysis is a key part of business analysis or planning. For your information, SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, & Threats. Strengths & weaknesses belong to internal factor whereas opportunities & threats belong to external factors. Here is a free SWOT analysis.
How to Write a Free SWOT Analysis
A SWOT analysis template helps you analyze a business or project venture where it requires you to focus on the factors. Typically, it consists of 4 boxes and one box is for one area. However, the shape can be different from one to another depending on the format or design.
SWOT diagram is useful especially when you try to decide to embark or not to embark on a certain strategy or venture by visualizing the pros & cons. Because you outline all positives & negatives of the project clearly, your SWOT analysis lets you decide to move or not to move easier.
There are some steps that you need to follow in writing a SWOT analysis. First of all, you have to determine the objectives. Here, you have to decide on a strategy or key project to analyze & place it at the top of the template of this SWOT analysis.
After that, what you need to do is to make a grid. In this step, you have to draw a big square. Then, you should divide the larger square into 4 smaller squares. Of course, it is very simple and everyone will be able to do this easily.
Next, a SWOT analysis essay requires you to label each of the boxes. For each box, you should write “Strengths” for the top left one, “Weaknesses” for the top right one, “Opportunities” for the bottom left one and “Threats” for another remaining box or the bottom right one.
Now, you have to fulfill all the squares. You can start from the strengths & weaknesses. Here, you should add the factors which affect the project to those 2 boxes. The components can be qualitative & anecdotal and quantitative & empirical in nature. You should list them down in a bullet form.
Then, you can continue with the 3 remaining boxes. After you list down the strengths & weaknesses, now you need to list down the opportunities & threats on the applicable boxes. In this step, you should also use a bullet form to list them down so that everyone can understand it easily.
Lastly, what you have to do is to draw conclusions. In this last part, you should analyze the SWOT diagram you have made. If the positive outcomes outweigh the negative outcomes, make sure that you note it. It can be a good idea to carry out the objectives.
There are so many free SWOT analysis samples that you can find. You can use them as the references to make your own SWOT analysis. Now, you can practice writing a SWOT analysis according to what we have discussed above. Hopefully this will be useful for you all.
- 5+ SWOT Analysis Sample Template
- 10+ SWOT Analysis Sample Templates
- 4+ SWOT Analysis free template in PSD
- 2+ SWOT Analysis Chart Sample Template
- 10+ Sample SWOT Analysis Template
- 10+ College SWOT Analysis Sample
- 5+ Sample Employee SWOT Analysis
- 1+ Personal SWOT Analysis Sample
- 10+ Sample Personal SWOT Analysis
- 2+ TOWS Analysis Sample Templates
- 1+ Sample SWOT Analysis PowerPoint
- 5+ Sample Organizational Analysis
- 1+ Sample Blank SWOT Analysis Template
- 5+ Sample Professional SWOT Analysis
- 5+ Situation Analysis Template Sample
- 8+ Swot Analysis PowerPoint Sample Template
- 1+ Sample SWOT Analysis PowerPoint
- 1+ Healthcare Swot Analysis Sample
- 10+ Sample Business Plan SWOT Analysis
- 2+ Sample Social Media Competitive Analysis
- 1+ Sample Marketing SWOT Analysis
- 3+ Sample Software Gap Analysis
- 5+ Sample Hospital SWOT Analysis
- 5+ HR SWOT Analysis Sample