Academic Resume Templates
Resume is an official document made by someone to highlight their educational background, their skills, and their academic achievements. Resumes can be used for a variety of purposes. However, primarily, a resume is used to apply for a job.
A resume usually contains a summary of work experience relevant to the job to be applied for and educational experience. Usually also, a resume is equipped with a cover letter or application for employement, followed by an interview.
Here are the steps for making an academic resume:
1. Use the right format
Academic resumes should be in reverse chronological order format. This means that the last experience is written at the beginning and then followed by previous experiences. Then, write down your curriculum vitae and personal information which includes:
- contact information
- educational experience and achievements
- athletic experience if needed
- work experience
2. Include a name and contact information that can be contacted
Your name must be written on the top of your academic resume. Make your name more visible by applying a larger font size, 14pt for example. Then, include contact information that can be contacted so that if the HRD is interested in interviewing you, you are ready.
3. Include your education
Write down the name of the school / university and when you graduated from the school / university. Also include your latest GPA and what classes you took, which are of course relevant to the job you are applying for.
4. Include organizational activities
Organizational experience is sometimes a plus point in the eyes of job recruiters. So, include the relevant details of the organizations you have participated in. Write down your position and a description of that position. Use action words and quantifiable results so that your academic resume is more attractive.
5. List your athletic participation
If you participate in a sport, write down which teams you participated in, how long you participated in it, and the achievements you had while on that team.
6. Include work experience
As with educational lists, work experience should be written in reverse chronological order. This means that the list starts with your most recent work. Include your position, job description, and achievements while working at the place.
7. List your special interests
Include things that you enjoy or that make you look unique, for example: volunteer works, social media followings, projects, passions, hobbies, and languages you speak.
You can easily create academic resumes using our free academic resume templates. We provide templates for various purposes, including:
- Free Academic Advisor Resume Templates
- Free Academic Counselor Resume Templates
- Free High School Academic Resume Templates
- Free Sample Academic Resume Templates
- Free Academic Resume Example Templates
- Free College Academic Resume Templates
- Free Basic Academic Resume Templates
- Free Academic Assistant Professor Resume Templates
- Free Associate Academic Resume Templates
- Free Academic Employmenet Resume Templates
- Free Professional Academic Resume Templates
- Free Academic Experience Resume Templates
- Free Sample Teacher Resume Templates
- And many more!
Academic Resume Templates Design Ideas
Academic Resume Templates Example
- 10+ Teacher Resume example psd design
- 10+ Simple Resume psd template free
- 10+ Acting Resume template free psd
- Academic Manager Resume Sample
- Sample Academic Budget Template
- 10+ Graduation Announcement template free psd
- 10+ Certificate of Completion in psd photoshop
- Sample Academic Report Template
- Academic Associate Resume Sample
- 10+ High School Diploma example psd design
- Curriculum Vitae Template Sample
- Academic Report Template
- Sample Education Invoice Templates
- Teacher Aide Resume Sample
- Associate Art Director Resume Sample
- IT Manager Resume Sample
- Brand Ambassador Resume Sample
- 10+ Media Kit free psd template
- Experienced Recruiter Resume Sample
- Letter of Intent Sample
- Privacy Analyst Resume Sample
- Restaurant Server Resume Sample
- 10+ Packing List free template in PSD
- Language Analyst Resume Sample